The Strategic Hub for Innovation and Financial Technology Office (FinHub) spearheads agency efforts to encourage responsible innovation in the financial sector, including in evolving areas such as distributed ledger technology and digital assets, automated investment advice, digital marketplace financing, and artificial intelligence and machine learning (FinTech).Learn more about this agency
FinHub coordinates the analysis of emerging financial innovations and technologies across the Commission.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as an attorney-advisor providing expert analysis for assigned area of responsibility, responding to complex and difficult questions related to the application of the federal securities laws to novel products, financings and systems.
- Conduct extensive analyses and reviews of industry, professional, academic, and media financial or other information, data, and releases to maintain up-to-date information concerning FinTech. Develop analyses and recommendations for issues that warrant attention and/or consideration by the Commission. Provide analytical support for key decision-making and preparing written materials to advance FinHub priorities.
- Participate in the execution of key projects and prepare draft statements and speeches. Develop and prepare responses to requests for information from the Commission, other Divisions or Offices within the Commission, or Congress.
- Apply extensive knowledge of the capital markets, capital formation, complex financial instruments and/or securities offerings, including FinTech projects and structures such as those involving distributed ledger technology and digital assets, to identify areas that warrant further review.
- Provide guidance for complex FinTech financial questions posed by the industry and the public.
- Develop and prepare technical and expert responses for a variety of complex issues involving FinTech arising from interpretation and application of statutes administered by the SEC.
- Represent the FinHub in meetings, conferences, and in public forums and/or provide assistance in preparing for such meetings. Help maintain productive work relationships with federal and state agencies, international bodies, and the industry.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591913300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.